I am developing this website to make it as a one-stop center for everything about the world heritage site. However, time is not on my side. I am doing this part-time as I have a full time job during the day to worry about.
The purpose of me developing this website is to provide more information of the Unesco World Heritage Sites to the world population. Knowing these marvellous sites is a journey toward the discovery of different cultures of the world population, history of us human beings and nature that we hope to sustain for our future generation. You will not find that many websites in the Internet with the intended purpose of this website.
To Respected Article Owners
- I am not copying your articles in totality. The posts in this site may include less than 100 words of the original article, which will serve as introduction to your original article. If readers are interested to read more, they will click the link to the source article, which is your original post. Think of this website as almost similar to RSS newsfeed, providing base write-ups and probably a photo. Interested reader will go to your original article. In fact, all the posts in this website are gathered from RSS newsfeed.
- Your posts here are mostly to be deleted after certain period. It will not be kept for long.
- Photos are not hosted in this website. The ones you see in this website are linked to/located in the source server of the original article.
- The posts here are meant for news reporting. It is meant to reflect your article in, hopefully, a manner that adds new expression, meaning or insight (which is related to World Heritage site). If readers are interested to read it further, they will go to your original post.
- This website is not meant for commercial use. Ads here, and donate button there, is meant to cover the cost of getting the domain name. The amount I am going to get via the ads (yes, I have not gotten a single cent yet, after about two years) is too paltry. Only my passion towards educating people on these marvellous sites keeps me going. I will not be able to compensate you. I will delete link to your posts if you asks me to.
- The writings that I insert to the post are the first few paragraphs of your original article. I do not intend to use the majority of your article. And I do not intend to use the most memorable or significant portion of your article. Those who wants to read the whole article will go to the original article via links provided.
- Take note that this website is targeted for those who wants to know more about the world heritage site. You may be getting new readers, from this unintended group, who will view your original article.
- I apologize if you are offended with me for not asking your permission to post your article here. If you insists in me pulling out your article from this website, do inform me via the comment at the bottom of this page. I do however hope that you will approve of my posting of your wonderful article here. Trust me, you will get new sets of readers.
- With only about an hour or two per day (normally at the end of my busy day) to feed latest news on world heritage sites, I will not be able to ask for permission from most of you. However, I will always ensure that your name, as the original author, is mentioned in the post title; and a link to the source site is provided.
- Help me create awareness to the world population on these world heritage sites; and the culture, history and nature that we will pass over to the future generation.
- LASTLY, I sincerely hope that owners who do not want their articles to be shared in my website TO NOT HAVE THE SHARE BUTTON IN YOUR PAGE. I am merely sharing your article to my website. The only difference is this website is not those popular social media websites whose share buttons you laid out nicely, but something that aspire to be educational to the mass.
Third party links
Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third party products or services on this website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In some instances, I may include affiliate links in posts where I recommend specific gear, tours, or activities. If you purchase something through one of my affiliate links, I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
About World Heritage Sites
This site is dedicated to those who wants to know more about the places listed under UNESCO World Heritage Centre.In order to be qualified into the list, each site is required to meet the minimum of the below criteria, as subjected by UNESCO.
Selection criteria (from Unesco Website):
- to represent a masterpiece of human creative genius;
- to exhibit an important interchange of human values, over a span of time or within a cultural area of the world, on developments in architecture or technology, monumental arts, town-planning or landscape design;
- to bear a unique or at least exceptional testimony to a cultural tradition or to a civilization which is living or which has disappeared;
- to be an outstanding example of a type of building, architectural or technological ensemble or landscape which illustrates (a) significant stage(s) in human history;
- to be an outstanding example of a traditional human settlement, land-use, or sea-use which is representative of a culture (or cultures), or human interaction with the environment especially when it has become vulnerable under the impact of irreversible change;
- to be directly or tangibly associated with events or living traditions, with ideas, or with beliefs, with artistic and literary works of outstanding universal significance. (The Committee considers that this criterion should preferably be used in conjunction with other criteria);
- to contain superlative natural phenomena or areas of exceptional natural beauty and aesthetic importance;
- to be outstanding examples representing major stages of earth’s history, including the record of life, significant on-going geological processes in the development of landforms, or significant geomorphic or physiographic features;
- to be outstanding examples representing significant on-going ecological and biological processes in the evolution and development of terrestrial, fresh water, coastal and marine ecosystems and communities of plants and animals;
- to contain the most important and significant natural habitats for in-situ conservation of biological diversity, including those containing threatened species of outstanding universal value from the point of view of science or conservation.
This website is in no way affiliated with UNESCO.
- All information provided in the page (not post) of this website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between this website and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information on this website is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, this makes no guarantees of any kind.
- This website may contain information that is created and maintained by a variety of sources. These sites may be unmoderated forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post the entries. This website does not control, monitor or guarantee the information contained in these sites or information contained in links to other external web sites, and does not endorse any views expressed or products or services offered therein. In no event shall this website be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- The description of each world heritage sites as in the web pages are derived from contents within Unesco website, which are under license CC-BY-SA IGO 3.0.
This is a contact page with some basic contact information and a contact form.
Donation for the purpose of maintaining this website is highly appreciated.