Xidi is a village in Yi County of the historical Huizhou region of Anhui province, China. It was declared a part of the “Ancient Villages in Southern Anhui” World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2000, along with Hongcun.
First built during the Huangyou era (1049–1053) of Song Dynasty Emperor Renzong, the village was formerly called Xichuan (West River), owing to the various water courses flowing through it.
The rise of the village was closely tied to the fortunes of the Hu family. By 1465 CE, during the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644), family members had started in business as merchants, leading to the construction of the large private buildings and a public infrastructure. By the middle of the 17th century, the influence wielded by members of the Hu family expanded from commerce into politics.